Panthers draft picks 2021: When does Carolina choose? Full record of NFL Draft alternatives
Matt Rhule’s rebuilding course of with the Carolina Panthers was all the time going to be a protracted one. Final yr, the group was higher than anticipated on offense, however their protection wasn’t superb in any respect. Additionally they suffered from inconsistent play from quarterback Teddy Bridgewater, and the Panthers addressed that downside by buying and selling for Sam Darnold.
However will they be capable to convey one other passer to Charlotte? With quarterbacks on the rise forward of the 2021 NFL Draft, it’ll be tough to go up if one fall into their lap at No. 8 general, lest they commerce down and capitalize on one other group’s want to take a quarterback.
With Darnold on board, it is probably Carolina will look to strengthen their once-strong protection, a aim that they tried to perform final yr by spending all seven of their draft picks on protection.
Here is a take a look at the Panthers’ picks within the 2021 NFL Draft:
Panthers draft picks 2021: When does Carolina choose?
- Spherical 1, Choose No. 8
- Spherical 2, Choose No. 39
- Spherical 3, Choose No. 73
- Spherical 4, Choose No. 113
- Spherical 5, Choose No. 151
- Spherical 6, Choose No. 193
- Spherical 6, Choose No. 222
Panthers 2021 NFL Draft order
|6||38 (Compensatory Choice)|
Panthers NFL Draft wants
- Quarterback: Sam Darnold has a second likelihood to make good on his potential and lead the Panthers to the playoffs, however Carolina should still desire a extra dynamic passer to groom. Justin Fields and Trey Lance may match the invoice they usually additionally could also be considering Mac Jones, who they coached on the Senior Bowl.
- Linebacker: Of their heyday, the Panthers had Luke Kuechly and Thomas Davis patrolling the center of their protection on the linebacker spots. Now, they’ve Shaq Thompson and free-agent addition Denzel Perryman. These two are strong, however including a do-it-all three-down linebacker that may not less than partially replicate Kuechly’s manufacturing could be an enormous win for the Panthers protection.
- Cornerback: The Panthers by no means correctly changed James Bradberry after shedding him in the course of the 2020 offseason. They’re going to should discover a manner to try this in 2021 or their secondary may regress.
- Offensive line: Can the Panthers belief 2019 second-round choose Greg Little to be their starter at left deal with? Certain, however having competitors for him that is higher than Trent Scott and Cameron Irving could be a step in the proper path.
- Huge receiver: D.J. Moore and Robby Anderson are an amazing one-two punch on the receiver spot, however the Panthers misplaced versatile slot-man Curtis Samuel to Washington this offseason. It is a nice draft to land a mid-round slot substitute that will give them a very sturdy top-three on the WR place.
Panthers mock draft 2021
Listed here are the newest 2021 NFL Draft projections for the Panthers, based on Vinnie Iyer’s seven-round mock draft:
|1||8||Caleb Farley||CB||Virginia Tech|
|2||7||Pat Freiermuth||TE||Penn State|
|3||9||Amon-Ra St. Brown||WR||USC|
|4||8||Thomas Graham Jr.||CB||Oregon|
|6||38||D’Ante Smith||OT||East Carolina|