Texans draft picks 2021: When does Houston choose? Full record of NFL Draft choices
In case you are questioning simply how disastrous the Invoice O’Brien tenure was for the Houston Texans, contemplate this. They traded three first or second-round draft picks to the Miami Dolphins for Laremy Tunsil and offloaded DeAndre Hopkins for a 2020 second-round choose and David Johnson. Due to O’Brien’s mismanagement of sources, the Texans not maintain the No. 3 choose within the 2021 NFL Draft. Actually, they do not choose till Spherical 3.
That is unhealthy information for Houston, particularly contemplating quarterback Deshaun Watson would not seem like blissful with the franchise. Now, Watson is coping with off-the-field considerations of his personal that the NFL is reviewing through its private conduct coverage, in order that’s yet one more drawback that the Texans are dealing with this yr.
There isn’t any simple path to repair the Texans proper now, particularly contemplating their dearth of total expertise. Nick Caserio and David Culley may have their work minimize out for them, and they are going to must concentrate on discovering some diamonds within the tough throughout the 2021 NFL Draft in the event that they need to actually improve their workforce.
Here is a take a look at the Texans’ picks within the 2021 NFL Draft:
Texans draft picks 2021: When does Houston choose?
- Spherical 3, Decide No. 67
- Spherical 4, Decide No. 109
- Spherical 5, Decide No. 147
- Spherical 5, Decide No. 158
- Spherical 6, Decide No. 195
- Spherical 6, Decide No. 203
- Spherical 6, Decide No. 212
- Spherical 7, Decide No. 233
Texans 2021 NFL Draft order
|5||14 (from Patriots)|
|6||11 (from Cowboys by Patriots)|
|6||19 (from Washington by Raiders and Miami)|
|6||28 (from Saints)|
|7||5 (from Bengals)|
Texans NFL Draft wants
- Defensive sort out: The Texans had the NFL’s worst run protection final yr and clearly missed D.J. Reader. Now, they will be with out J.J. Watt, too. They’re going to must discover a high quality defensive sort out within the center rounds of the draft, or no less than add a robust run-stuffer to the fold.
- Large receiver: Houston had one of many NFL’s greatest receiver rooms not too way back. Now, they’re all the way down to Brandin Cooks and Randall Cobb main the cost. The Texans have signed 5 WRs this offseason, however none appear to be true No. 1 choices. They’re going to must attempt to discover one in a loaded receiver class.
- Cornerback: Vernon Hargreaves cannot be trusted in an enormous function on this protection. Including Terrance Mitchell and Desmond King this offseason is an effective begin for the Texans, however they want a real No. 2 nook to pair with Bradley Roby long-term. In any other case, they will be losing Roby’s prime.
- Offensive line: Buying and selling for Marcus Cannon and signing Justin Britt are good upside strikes, however the Texans nonetheless want extra depth. Tytus Howard has been lackluster at proper sort out and if Britt cannot keep wholesome, they will want an insurance coverage coverage on the middle spot.
- Quarterback: If Deshaun Watson actually would not need to play for the Texans once more, they will must discover a new younger quarterback to develop behind Tyrod Taylor and compete with Ryan Finley. That will probably be simpler mentioned than achieved within the third spherical and past.
Houston Texans mock draft 2021
Listed here are the most recent 2021 NFL Draft projections for the Texans, in accordance with Vinnie Iyer’s seven-round mock draft:
|3||3||Hamilcar Rashed Jr.||EDGE||Oregon State|
|5||14||Chuba Hubbard||RB||Oklahoma State|
|6||11||Austin Watkins Jr.||WR||UAB|